Monday, July 27, 2009
Wacky Wedding March
They always say that weddings should be fun and relaxed. I had a lot of fun watching this unique wedding entrance.
Ipinaskil ni Aileen Apolo-de Jesus sa 9:50 AM 1 comment:
Mga etiketa: wedding entrance, wedding march
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
The Engagement Ring
Admit it, eversince you were a kid you dreamt of the day your prince charming would go on his knees to propose to you. I did that secretly. I never mentioned it to any of my friends but deep in my heart I always wished that someday my one true love would put a proper engagement ring on my finger.
It did happen one sunny day in Davao and I will cherish that moment for the rest of my life.
My fiance though said that it took him months to plan for that day. Five months to be exact. Here's what he had to do:
1. Find a jeweller for budgeting.
2. Find out my ring size.
3. Choose design and material of the ring.
4. Order the ring.
5. Plan the proposal.
How to choose the engagement ring:
1. The Diamond 4Cs - cut, color, clarity and carat. Here's a good guide.
2. Choose the metal: gold or platinum. Gold comes in white, yellow and/or rose gold. (You should also consider that the engagement ring should match the wedding ring).
3. Choose the design: should be practical and easy to wear, withstand everyday use, gemstone/s should be secure and should look good.
I honestly have no idea about going through 1 and 2, but I'm sure glad that my fiance got my ring from a jeweller-friend who knows me well. He also got her to get my ring size without me suspecting anything.
I think the most important thing about it is to choose with your heart and enjoy the moment.
*Photo by JayDJ
Handcrafted engagement ring by Golconda Jewelry, Cagayan de Oro
Ipinaskil ni Aileen Apolo-de Jesus sa 5:31 PM 3 comments:
Mga etiketa: engagement ring, engagements, getting engaged, marriage proposals, wedding proposals
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)