Monday, March 11, 2013

Your Wedding Ring

When Sweetie started planning to propose to me he didn't have a clue where to get me an engagement ring. Good thing we had a friend, based in Cagayan de Oro, who's Mom owned a jewelry shop. He lost no time and enlisted her help in his grand proposal plan (and that included getting my ring size by stealth!). 

We decided to get our wedding rings from the same friend (Golconda Jewels in CDO). Sweetie wasn't comfortable wearing accessories (he didn't even wear a watch back then) and he was happy that I just wanted a traditional set. We went for white gold. The big plus was our rings were handcrafted Philippine gold and we got to meet the artisan who made it.

Here's the desk Manong works on to make jewelry.



Manong check the size of our rings.


Doing some polishing.


Our handcrafted white gold wedding rings. 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Hi Aileen! How are you? I hope you're recovering well. I attended the DevFestW last Saturday and remembered you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete