Friday, March 10, 2017

Tips for Brides: Just Before You Walk Down the Aisle

Walking down the aisle is probably one of the most emotional experiences a person would have because at the end of the ceremony your life would completely change. All eyes would be on you as you walk down the aisle towards your groom. Brides oftentimes become very nervous and a lot of thoughts would probably raise through your head as you take your first step. Relax! Do not worry! Here's a few tips as you take that life changing walk towards your groom.



1. Relax - you have done your best to prepare for the wedding. Everyone around you will make sure that your day goes well, so just relax and just enjoy the day.

2. Smile - I was about to become very emotional just before I walked down the aisle. I told myself though that I didn't want my make-up to be ruined and I wanted my photos to be beautiful. Just as you're about to do your walk, take a deep breath and smile! Let the groom do the crying (I did)!

3. Hold your bouquet properly - how to hold your bouquet properly depends on what kind of bouquet you choose, so best to ask your florist when you do your order and practice. You can also check with your photographer before you leave for the ceremony (I'm lucky they taught me how to hold my bouquet properly).

4. Walking Down the Aisle - chin up and shoulders back. No slouching! A lot of brides though get surprised on how heavy the gown is. It's not going to be a walk in the park as you have to be mindful about the gown's weight. The gown's material also oftentimes get caught on the carpet like velcro. If you see brides walking like they are marching it's because they have to kick the gown so they could move forward.

5. Let Your Maid of Honor Worry - I had three during my wedding and they fussed about me all day. They made sure I looked beautiful all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment